One last question before I begin

Before I glue my Veneer down, I want to ask one more question, I have mentioned in other posts that I am considering binding the top, I am going to use a flamed maple veneer, should I route the edges before I apply me veneer and then trim it down to the routed edge or should I route the edges after applying the veneer. I am worried about the veneer chipping. Should I be concerned about this?

deshibs

No, I wouldn't worry about the binding ledge until you get the veneer glued on.

BUT...yes, you are running a risk, if you don't get the veneer glued down 100% properly, it certainly will chip when you go around with the binding bit.

Routing the binding ledge beforehand just complicates things, so it's not worth it really, you just have to do a good job, and even if you did route it beforehand, you'd have to come back afterwards and do it again to clean the channel out after your glue-up.

Veneering isn't beginner easy AFAIC, I would always advise doing one or two mock-up veneer jobs before actually trying to do the real body.

My opinion.