trust your fingers, not your eyes

Curtis P

I was practicing today (Seek and Destroy, Metallica) and thanks to Jivin for tabbing out the intro for me

anyways, i was working on figurung it out, and it was making me mad, so i resorted to some tab, anyways, I played it (like a note playing machine, note for note, no feel or anything) and it sounded, kinda wrong, so i played along, up to speed and my finger just wanted to do something else, so i let it and it sounded better, so trust your fingers, not your eyes

Curtis

i had the same experiance with a song. my girlfriend brought up "every breath you take" by the police, and talked about it in a very suggestive mannor.. so i decided i should learn it for her (rather she subtly told me to learn it for her). anyways, i didnt want to waste any time trying to obtain a copy of the song, and deciphering it, so i turned to a tab *gag* for its obvious speed. ive never tried to stretch my fingers so far in my life. a spread that puts five frets between your fingers is not natural, although i was able to almost pull it off nicely. i was getting worried when i could feel the carpel tunnel sink in after not having problems with it since i started.

so thats when i said to myself "thats it! im going to create my own way to play it". so i took the time to find the song, and decipher it, and i realized that people who tab things are stupid.

i learned the song the good riteous way, and it REALLY payed off :D