Just finished neck

Well, i scored a nice neck on ebay a while ago. Heres a pic of the original neck:i-2.JPG

You can see the end of the neck and the logo. I dont want a logo, or a neck like that on my guitars, so i got to work. I just pulled out my new Black & Decker Mouse Palm Sander and started on 80 grit. I sanded off the logo without any problems at all. I dont think there was much of whatever was used over it, like clear coat or whatever. I then worked my way up from 80, 120, 180, 200, 500, 1000, then 20000 to finish off. The great thing about the mouse is that it has little replacement tips, so that when they wear down, you can replace them. Once i sanded with 20000 i got to work on the chip. I first sawed off a part to make it level with a good ol' hacksaw. Then i sanded it down with the same as above. So all in all, it was a good days work, which took me around 1 hr. What sort of finish is usually used on necks? This one came off very easily.

Here's the finished product:

newneck.JPG