I recently answered a post on truss rod placement and scale length measurement. In retrospect, I am thinking my information might not have all the value that it could have had because of some of the terminology I used. Most of us take these terms for granted and fully understand what they mean and how they are applied to building guitars. But for those who are just beginning it might even add to their confusion and result in having to find out what these terms mean from various sources and try to assemble a good understanding of their applications and significance.

In my response I mentioned things like "neck relief", 'scale length", "saddle" and "intonation". Now I'm thinking, what if this guy doesn't know what any of those words mean? Now hes gonna come back and ask about them and we will wind up with even MORE repeated information in this forum. And he will have to spend time searching for specific threads that just "might" mention those words in passing.

I think a lot of space might be saved, less confusion for beginners and less aggravation for those "in the know" could be had if this forum had a Glossary of Terminology related to the guitar building field. I know, lots of us figure that if someone doesn't know what those words mean then they have no business trying to build a guitar. But after all, this forum IS a resource for guitar builders, beginners and seasoned veterans alike. I'm sure there are lists mentioned elsewhere, but if this forum had its own terminology resource it would make it much more complete.