Books

Hammermc

Hi

About a 2 weeks ago I had planed to take guitar lessons.But due to some personal problems I won`t be able to do so. While searching the net I realized that books may teach me something. Are there any books you would recomend ??

Is it even worth to learn from books ??

Thanx

books will only take you so far, its a lot better to get a teacher to guide you, maybe once a week or so because books can explain but they cant help, or answer your questions, and its a lot harder to change latter on when youve realized you've been doing something wrong, then to get it right from the begining. of course there are good guitarists that where self-taught (yngwie malmsteen to name one), but you dont see to many people, to put it simply a lot of people take on the guitar and many of them drop it because they are discouraged, but teachers can help you with the problems that you are having while learning

just my $.02

books are better than nothing, but in my opinion, if you pay $40 for a book, you would get alot more out of paying $40 for 1 lesson with a teacher. but if its like you said and you absolutely no way cant get lessons, then a book is better than the people who think they can learn from internet forums :D