Here is my 4th guitar/1st tube amp build. This was mostly built in my basement with a few trips to visit friends and family with a wider selection of tools. Shoutout to ArcticWhite from the TDPRI for the name idea.
The inspiration for this build came from mashing together a vintage blackguard esquire and champ amp. I wanted a way to play electric guitar for short bursts that didn't require much setup. I was also chasing that "cranked tube amp" tone at household volume levels.
- Reclaimed Pine Body
- 1/4" Baltic Birch Plywood Top + Back
- Fender Standard Series Neck (Maple)
- Tweed/Shellac Finish
- Hot Hide Glue
- McNelly A5 Signature Tele Bridge Pickup
- 1/4W 12U7 & 12K5 Tube Amp
- 12V 1.5 Ah Lithium Ion Drill Battery
- Quam 4" Speaker