"style"

ive seen a lot of concerts, whether it be on video or in person, and have noticed that rock artists, such as three days grace, and breaking benjamin, and the foo fighters, system of a down, etc. on all the guitars and basses, they seem to have a lot of style. they jump up and down while playing, and they really "get in to" their music. whenever i try this (im in a band, and will prbably do some gigs within the next few months, and i want to do a good show so they will keep letting us come back) I:

• cant keep a rhythm
  • miss a lot of frets

If anyone has any tips, or anything like that, let me know, it seems like a lot of fun, but i cant play very well like that. I know this sounds pointless, but its not.

it's just practice

those guys will have done hundreds of gigs, you don't practice playing while jumping around at home much (i assume :D )

if you want great practice get yur guitar and run around the backyard while trying to play, you'll actually get a lot better at playing while moving ......but who wants their neighbours calling the mental asylum?

don't worry it'll come, and the pros still make plenty of mistakes on stage too BTW

how highs your strap?

the lower it is the harder it is to play but it's a tradeoff with looks lol

haha, my neighbors would probably think im cooler if im running around the yard playing my guitar, lol, thanks for the input, and also, ive been changing my strap a lot lately trying to find a happy medium between looks and playability, i also just realized that they are jumping mostly to the beat of the drums, not of the guitar, and i dont have a drummer handy at my house, lol, what i think i might do is play the songs i know on my stereo, and also play them along with it, and practice moving with it too. and i might try running around my yard, but i also have to mow the lawn tommorow, so it'll seem like work, lol, but maybe thanks again :D

Jumping takes practice.. Lots of it.. Bear in mind, though, that the banging around that your guitar's going to take while you're prancing around on stage probably isn't too good for it's innards in the long term.. I usually get the most problems with the jacks.. Easily fixed but still a pain in the butt..

And get strap-locks...

you never saw bb king jumping around like a dumbass, but you could tell he was way more into the music than any of thoes bands you mentioned. Its more about presence than about how high you can jump. If your really feelin the grove that night, the energy is just there.

but, jumping is a good way to keep time :D