Guitar Of The Month For February

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd of January then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Please Give Your Guitar a Name or Nick Name as well :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

Fiend

Double Locking Jackson LFR

Gotoh Tuners

Jackson JS30 Humbuckers

Rosewood Fretboard

Plywood body! (only the best) :D

First project

LOL IF I WIN

ROFLMAO IF I GET VOTES

dsc00010sw8.jpg

dsc00004ss1.jpg

dsc00005sy2.jpg

dsc00003ms6.jpg

Made with only the most professional tools :D

BTW: 1st build

Edited by The Fatalities

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my "B-in-Law" single cut. As you can see from the pictures, the goal was to keep the single cut idea moving throughout the guitar. As a result, the rear cavity cover (quilted maple) and the headstock both have the shape of the single cut body.

Here are the specs:

Body: Poplar with a Zebrawood/Rosewood/Paduak top

Neck: Quilted maple/Purple Heart/Zebrawood

Fret Board: Quilted maple/Purple Heart/Zebrawood

Hardware: Hard tail bridge (All gold colored)

Pickup: One Gold colored Humbucker 50's reissue

I made the fret board out of the same material as the neck so it came out looking like it is one piece. The guitar is finished in Lacquer.

Let me know what you think!!

Mark

mtc customs (a cnc free zone)

Closefrontedit.jpg

FrontEdit.jpg

NeckCloseedit.jpg

BackCloseEdit.jpg

Just got this finished today.

The spec.

Body wood is Black Limba with a Spalted Scottish Beech top and a black veneer accent line.

Neck ,Wenge/Black Limba 5 piece with Spalted Beech headplate and a Black Limba backplate and heel. The fingerboard is Macassar Ebony.

Hardware. Hipshot Type A bridge in brass,Hipshot Ultralite tuners,2 ACG custom wound humbuckers, ACG custom made pre-amp.

Finish 60% sheen Lacquer on the body with 20% sheen on the neck for a satin feel.

Alan

346752664_33ff0cfb70.jpg

346752662_37e1ee4944.jpg

346752659_3f1aed2049.jpg

346753276_f283d0f7cb.jpg

More pics at.

www.acguitars.co.uk/Gallery/104/

It's not perfect, but it's my first build and it turned out light years better than I thought it would as far as playability and sound!

Finished 1/1/07

No good idea for a name.........I like elephants, so how about:

The Elephanned Prototype

Walnut and Flame Maple with a Birdseye Board

36.5 to 34 Scale

Bartolini Soapbars

Bartolini 2-band Preamp (Volume, Blend, Bass, Treble)

Hipshot Ultralight Tuners

Schaller straplocks

And well over 25 coats of hand rubbed tru-oil.

Here's my attempts at getting an artsy natural light shot.

frombacktop.jpg

fromtoptop.jpg

Here's a full Frontal Shot

finalfullfront4.jpg

Here's the Back

Rearshot1.jpg

And a shot of the Walnut Nut I made (before I truly strung it up and wrapped the string ends)

Walnut Nut

Edited by DigthemLows

Specs:

Semi-hollow mahogany back, 7/8" East coast flame maple top, heeless deep-set 3-piece flame maple neck, ebony board, ebony headcap, 25" scale, medium frets, 2 vol, 2 tone, 3way switch, cherry burst w/ scraped binding, gotoh hardware, custom wound WB pickups with NOS wire from 1967!

222193693.jpg

222193706.jpg

222193700.jpg

Cool inlay shot before finishing

224597645.jpg

Edited by Marcovis

Here's my "RickenRocker"

This is a little piece I whipped up out of frustration at not being about to buy a Rickenbacker 360 with the features I wanted.

The wood is Black Walnut and Maple. The Black Walnut was torn out of a rural family cabin 50 years ago and has sat in a shed ever since. The wood was actually used as stair treads in the cabin! A travesty!

This guitar features a 25 1/2" scale length with a Fender style "string through" Hipshots bridge.

The peg head is thinner than a Ric and tilted back 1 extra degree because of the height of the tuners.

The fret board inlay is of the same black walnut and it a modified Ric-style inlay. I feel that the curve added to the inlay better suits the design of the guitar. I maintained the 1/16 radius at the points to be respectful to the original.

The binding is of the same maple used for the neck.

The pickups are out of a 1968 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. I originally had Seymour Duncan Antiquity Firebird pickups in the guitar but they didn't get the tone I was hoping for.

The control layout is very simplified ( volume, tone, 3 way switch) as I am a gigging musician and the 6 knobs on a Ric 360 are just too much for me to deal with on stage.

00001anglewhole.jpg

IMG_3649rearwhole.jpg

0054FiniBodyCloseup.jpg

IMG_3684fretboard.jpg

Edited by Telenator

This is one of my first guitars that I built. I wanted something a little bit out there. Sort of EVH jump inspired, I guess. Anyway, I call it the Jump-In' Man guitar. It is a maple body and neck with Seymour Duncan humbuckers in the neck and bridge positions.

http://www.projectguitar.com/gal/Robertson/JMAN.jpg

http://www.projectguitar.com/gal/Robertson/JMAN1.jpg

http://www.projectguitar.com/gal/Robertson/JMAN3.jpg

Edited by shadowcaster