Neck Pocket For Non-recessed Floyd Rose

I don't think so. If it's non-recessed, the bridge will stick up too far to properly intonate the guitar if the neck is not pitched. I think that was what you were asking, right?

that's basically what i'm asking, but here's what i don't understand...on a guitar with a recessed floyd, the neck pocket is flat, but on one with a non-recessed floyd, it's angled toward the back of the guitar, so that the end of the neck is a little bit higher off the body than it would be if it were recessed....so why couldn't you put the whole neck at that same height?

gangle1.jpg

gangle2.jpg

gangle3.jpg

The only issue I can see possible in terms of problems with making a shallow neck pocket would be that the angle of the string across the bridge saddles may change.... but I think you may have something here...

usually the neck/neck pocket is angled back, right? is there any reason you couldn't just make the pocket have a flat bottom, and be shallower than normal?

i have done it with no problems whatsoever. i have done that on 9 previous builds, but with tom bridges and only 1 floyd.

if you do an angled neck pocket, do you have to compensate for the angle when you consider how far into the body (in the bridge <--> neck direction) the pocket is? that is, would the last fret of the neck be moved enough from the angle that you'd have to adjust the placement of the pocket so that it's closer to the bridge?

usually the neck/neck pocket is angled back, right? is there any reason you couldn't just make the pocket have a flat bottom, and be shallower than normal?

i have done it with no problems whatsoever. i have done that on 9 previous builds, but with tom bridges and only 1 floyd.

you have any pics? i'm curious what it would actually look like.

you have any pics? i'm curious what it would actually look like.

sorry, my old computer crashed that had all my pics of previous builds, so i dont have a pic of it. it doesnt look that different, depending on how thick your fretboard is