Latest Project Guitar

Working on two at the moment Ibanez 540P radius(i might be wrong on that) doing a material finish on that, waiting to gold plate the hardware and top coat. The other is Ibanez RG550 iv painted the body and headstock that mirage changing color "gold/magenta" and im waiting on doing the same thing im doing to the 540 as well. It's pretty frustrating being i live in Houston where the humidity wont give me a break to finish B) but hopefully that will change soon "come on cold fronts". The 540 was kinda difficult given the style of the body but i think i came out pretty cool i will have pics very soon to show what iv done......of course all my thanks to Mr. B. Calvert for having the sweetest websight out their, and sharing all his tricks of the trade !!!!!!! :D

Sean that sounds too cool! At one time I was going to attemp an RG-Egypt with my own little flare for being different. What I had planned was to do the top of the body in Papyrus and then heavy clear coat over it.

I found a supplier on Ebay you can see his store here . Check out his feedback, Tons of repeat customers! I know a lot of negatives as well, but thats because most people don't realize just how long it actually takes to get something in the mail from Egypt (we live in a "I want it now age").

Sprocketboy gotta say you have courage for sure bro. A material body with countoured sides is probably the hardest one to pull off, especially on your first round :D I really look forward to seeing it! B) And yes I know about the humidity problem, it has been averaging in the high 70% range here the last two weeks. Just give everything thinner coats and longer dry times, thats about all we can do unless your rich and have an airconditioned paint booth :D

I'm working on a billion things, unfortunately none are my projects, got a headstock refinish, fretboard replacement with inlay on a JEM, full inlay on a JEM7DBK, full material finish and inlay on a special customer's guitar, then I have my own stuff which will probably never get done LOL, my JEM911USA, and the neck through body Jem, only wish I had the time!!!!!!!!

Sean lol you definantly know what im talking about and to top it off i live in apartments lol having people peaking out of there shades like spying on me lol if anything they could be my first critics of my work :lol:Brian i know your in no better shape with humidity also living in FL. your weather conditions pretty much match ours. Back on my 540P yes this was a real challenge for me especially being my first project. the most difficult part i encountered was the sanding B) all the different edges on that body gave me fits. Also when i bought the guitar off Ebay the top of the headstock was chewed off....looked like it was used for bashing a cymbol or something but i got some plastic wood and reshaped it so i was pretty darn proud of that lol. All in all that poor guitar looked like it had seen its days but i think iv manage to bring it back to life:wub: Now what sucks is on the other one (RG550) iv already painted the mirage color on it but.....now im looking at maybe putting the monkey grip and lions claw on it lol im having a mirror pickguard made for this one.Ohhhh well lol i guess its better i make a decision now then sit their after iv top coated and polishied it going "ya know i think that would look better with the JEM extras on it" lol as the late painter "Bob Ross" would say "it's your own little world" Well iv rambled on long enough lol i almost forgot i was at work :D. Laterz guys!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Never-ending RG450 project.

Now that it's not tres humid here I'm going to try to finish clearing it. Still need to buy a pickguard (or make a pickguard. is there a pickguard making tutorial? If there isn't there should be........) and a single coil for it.

My fiance' is trying to convince me to build a guitar from scratch, but I think I'll grab a couple of flying v's from Rondo Music and try to make my dream hot-rod V a reality.