It Might Get Loud

Bionic Dave

Hey I got a text message from My buddy out in BC about this Movie/Documentary made in 2008 on the Electric Guitar.

It's called (It might get loud)

Starring Jimmy Paige, The Edge, and Jack White

Great movie I never heard of it so I'm not sure any of you have seen it but it was very interesting.

I downloaded it from Torrentz dot com

Cheers

I REALLY enjoyed this documentary. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I watched it last night. I will say though... I had no CLUE Jack White was as prodigious on guitar and with songwriting as he is. I always just thought of him as another pop-rock guitarist since I never really got into his music and followed him. That said, I really like his take on music as a struggle. I PERSONALLY find this apt. I'm constantly battling with myself to come up with stuff. I don't take it as far as White in that I don't move my piano farther (see the movie for the reference) but I do like the general idea. He has some very cool thoughts on music... who knows how many of them are genuine and which are part of his celebrity persona... but still, interesting to say the least.

Chris

Its ok. i definitely think it could have been done alot better, and definitely longer, especially with someone as reclusive as jimmy paige.

The deleted scenes add almost another hour to the movie. Mostly the guys jamming out on acoustics and Jack White showing The Edge and Page how to play "Seven Nation Army" with the Whammy pedal.

Seriously, though, I wanted to slap the hell out of White for the mini-me thing with the "Young Jack White" he toted around like a doll. The Edge going through old four-tracks and Page touring their old recording house was pretty awesome.