Vacuum Press Kit

Metalhead28

I'm a proponent of quiet, continuous run systems. In some cases, a venturi system may make more sense (if you have a dedicated workshop where the noise of the venturi won't bother anyone, and have a compressor always ready, willing and able) but the venturi rigs are expensive in their own right.

Mike is right about the bags, they are expensive as they are made to be flexible and withstand a vacuum moulding process like I use when I'm forming skateboards around a mould. However, I took a gamble and decided to buy a few metres of vac-bagging film to see if it would stand up to our type of work and I'm pleased to say that I'm still on the first two metres that I have initially tested. I still have nearly an entire roll of film to make bags of whatever size I want for a fraction of the cost of a single bag.

Check your local fibreglass shop and they will probably have rolls of film that you can buy to experiment with.

I've posted pics of my setup before and I've got less than $30 in it and I've never had a problem.

Good luck, a vacuum setup will open up some new avenues to the way you approach your work (which is already stunning).

Cheers

Buter