How do I fill divots on a rosewood fretboard?

I just started doing fretwork after years of working on my own guitars. I've been learning online and from the Erlewine Basic Fretwork DVD from StewMac. I finally broke down and bought a slew of fretting supplies and leveled, crowned and dressed the frets on 2 guitars and refret a bass, so I'm starting to get the hang of it.

I am working on an acoustic that has deep divots on the first few frets from years of open chords. I removed the frets and leveled the fretboard, but the divots are still there, slightly. How can I fill them? Can I use rosewood dust and super glue to fill them and sand level?

Yes, this is my first post to this site!

Welcome to the forum Frenster :D

I don't see why you couldn't but rosewood has a habbit of looking funny when polished up with patches like that in place B)

Is there enough meat left on the wood to take it down more, resaw the slots and still do the refret?

Thanks for the link, Southpa. I was exactly what I needed and it worked like a charm. I now have a flat fretboard to work with.

The guitar has a compound 7.25/9.5 radius, so I'm keeping with it. Kind of a challenge for a first time fretboard leveler. I just started doing fretwork and I think that having a logical mind, good eyes and mechanical ability helps. I want to find a shop in my area to work in, maybe part time and work up to full time.

• 3 weeks later...