Flying V project

ok thanks to one of the other topics i am now starting a flying v project. now i used the diagrams from guitarbuild on the other post but i got a question. how wide across are the wings from one point straight over to the other point. i need to know so I can blow up the image which I have cropped into sections to blow up. also what is the scale of the neck in length. thanks

well i have the one that someone posted on this forum a while back and its not to scale or am i just size blind. cause when i printed it, it fit on several 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper but is way to small. I dont know how to enlarge the picture so I can crop it so that each section would fit on a piece of paper and I could cut them out an place them together on some board or some thing to use to make the template. it is from guitar build i think but it sure seems small to me. what should I do cause im all out of ideas

OK, I'm interested in this topic also. If anyone has the measurments in inches from across the wings and from top of neck pocket to the lower bout below the bridge I'd really appreciate it. I don't have a CAD program and don't wanna use one for laying out a guitar body. I don't use the computer to cut stuff out and don't ever wanna become that dependant on this bloody thing anyhoo. I'm in a love/hate relationship with it as it is.

It's an Apollo. Epiphone offshoot. Evidently, it was only in limited run and they quit making it almost as quickly as they started. After searching the globe, I've found out nothing other than the title pic that you see there only larger. It has the explorer type headstock, that you can't see in the avatar. Epiphone guitars

Edited by PerryL

the easiest thing to do imo is to put the file on a floppy and take it to kinkos and have them print it out on a 36x48 sheet of paper and that way its all on one paper done quick and easy, it only costs like $6 or so cuz its just a basic line drawing

MzI

for got to add that it has to be a jpg file

Edited by MzI

yea i got it in jpeg format so that should not be a problem. im thinkin the flying v design seems stupid cause its a guitar that i cant sit with a practise like i normally do. im thinkin of using the SG design from guitar build is what i will make. Is there going to be any difference in the paper size or should i just use the same size? thanks again.

:D rules at hockey and dingos from B) eat babies :D j/k but seriously we rule at hockey

Edited by AcousticSmash

The measurment from wing to wing is 17" exactly. I took this measument by laying a ruler on the end (bottom part) of each wing so it touches both, and then holding a straigtedge perpendicular to it on the side of each wing, taking my measurment where the straightedge meets the ruler. The guitar is a Warmoth flying V, which fits into my Gibson USA V case perfectly...so I assume the dimensions are similar if not identical.

Finally, the scale length is 25.5". Enjoy!

Ohh, you can check the guitar here:

flying V