tailpiece bought

JoryNad

hey no i havn't started on the body, well besides the template, caus im waiting for my neck to arrive and my taipiece so i can get scale and all that, o and i got the tailpiece from ebay, i can give you the guys user name if you want apparently he has tons, he said he would just sell me one if i didn't win the bid (i did tho), i got mine for $20.00 which is an excellent price for such a unique and critical item, oh have you solved the binding problem yet? :D

I havent figured out the binding issue. I really dont know how to rout a rabbit around the body. I havent done the math to see what size bearing i would need to get the right depth. Im still working on a tele project. I dont want to get too ahead of myself. Im reworking my headstock template right now.

I havent figured out the binding issue. I really dont know how to rout a rabbit around the body. I havent done the math to see what size bearing i would need to get the right depth. Im still working on a tele project. I dont want to get too ahead of myself. Im reworking my headstock template right now.

yea thats a hard part eh? i was lucky enough to find a neck that about the same only problem is ill have to refinish it and put the white veneer on the head stock, (it has black on it now)

Yeah, the binding will be the main issue for me. Youre neck looks pretty good. I am still trying to get my headstock template just right.

P.S.-are you going to leave the little stairstep extension on that tailpiece? I think it might look better if you cut it off.