Acoustic Kits

Hi Moztech,

One thing that you want to consider is how "complete" the kit is that you are building. For instance, the LMII kit is the most flexible. You can build a Martin style guitar, or any other that you want. The Martin kits pretty allow you to build only a Martin. And if memory serves, the Martin kits has more of the "stuff" done for you vs. the LMII kit. I don't know for sure, but I think that StewMac kit is more in line with the Martin kit, but that is pure guess work.

And one thing that I personally like about the Martin kits: They are the cheapest around, which is not bad if you don't really know what you are doing.

Guitar Ed

After inflation, my $.02 isn't worth very much.

Thanks for the reply Guitar Ed.

I am probably thinking to far ahead, considering I only plan on building the Acoustic in November 2005. My big reason for the kit is that I don’t want to bend the side wood. I guess the Martin sounds like the best idea, since my wood working skills and tools are at the moment very basic.

IMO the StewMac is the best. Two reasons being it gives you an option of a bolt-on or dovetail neck joint, and it comes with a step-by-step assembly video. You are also able to view the instructions for it online if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0.

Another thing you may be interested in is a smaller acoustic instrument to start off, like the Campfire Mandolin Kit StewMac also offers.

:D

Edited by Lex Luthier