still dont understand how to make a nice logo

i bought a ibanez 540r yesterday. it was used so the logo ibanez is kinda scrached i am just wandering how can i make a new logo without having plastic cover around it?or at least fix it?

referr the plastic cover to http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/logo.htm

Buying one certainly seems like the best way to go.

I do mine with an airbrush and a custom made stencil from a sign-makers shop. I tried using the transparency method but the edges always showed terribly for me. With the stencil and paint, it's quick and looks clean. I think it would only make sense to do it that way if you were planning on doing a bunch of guitars though.

crappy but is there anyway to make a logo fairly easily? like can be done in a graphic class or something? cause my ibanez logo on the headstock is scrached.

anyone got a good link cause i cant find one(i just want it to be readble..)

• 3 weeks later...

The transparency film method is hit or miss with most people. Even I have problems with it and I wrote the darn tutorial.

According to BeAR, another infamous decal maker here on the forum, he had better luck with water slide decals. I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and noticed that they had a small kit with blank decal paper, adhesive and stuff. All you have to do is draw out your decal on your computer and run it through the printer. Instant logo! You just have to cut it out and slide it on the headstock.

I have to try doing this, but I've seen BeAR's work on his Stratocaster logo's and they are spot on, perfect!