Createx Auto Air?

Hey, are any of you using or does anyone have any experience with Createx Auto Air? the new colors, especially the Kandies, look interesting, and I would like a water-based alternative for HOK. The manufacturers say you can use any poly or waterbased clear for a top coat, so I'm looking for some info before I jump in over my head.

Thanks,

I've used the alot, just don't thin them with water more than 20% tops or they lose their bonding properties. Use the Createx reducer.

Also, don't try doing really fine detail, it can be done, but it's a pain in the ass to do. It dries on the airbrush tip way to fast.

It's also not very sandable, so don't get runs in it. My personal opinion, HOK is worth the extra money over Createx.

Thanks, Jeremy, I knew somebody would help me out. The reason I was interested is because I'd lke to develop a water-based finish schedule. I sprayed nitro several decades ago, but after having several friends and two family members develop serious health problems from daily solvent exposure, I was trying to find something a little less toxic. I love the look of urethanes, but the MSDS's rate it as slightly less toxic than an airborne nerve gas. I was wondering mostly how you felt the color quality was, since my lack of talent makes the fine detail problems a non-issue :D I think the pearls and kandys are gorgeous, and would like to use them over a clear sealer, so the grain shows through.

OK, enough babbling - thanks for your help!! Oh, and BTW, your site, and your work are breathtaking.

William

to be completely honest, I won't recommend them anymore, there was a time I thought they were great, until I used really good paint.

They don't bond great when you spray, fish eyes are common when you reduce it and it's to thick to spray straight from the bottle. It doesn't flow out nice and flat, so you have to build up the clear quite a bit to level it. The colors are great, and they are inexpensive paints, but I won't be buying anymore of them unless they come up with a color that nobody else has. Then I'll consider them again.