Repairing My New Acoustic

i came into an old Kay f-hole style acoustic last night and i need to put a bridge on it and im pretty sure it needs a new neck. i need to know what i'm gonna have to get and maybe a website that carries the parts. also, can anyone identify the model or year of it from this pic??

Picture8.jpg

thanks

Hi,

From the looks of the pic, you have an old archtop guitar. You may also need a new tail piece, in addition to the bridge. In both cases, you can get what you need from StewMac. As for the neck, a reset is probably more in order than a whole new neck. A good luthier could tell you what needs to be done.

Take care and take pics,

Guitar Ed

nice find there..i have a small collection of kays and silvertones. i reset the neck on one silvertone so that i could actually chord it and the rest of them i've pretty much set up to play slide or dobro style. i have one "old kraftsman", 60's vintage that i put a standard humbucker in and play slide on it and it kicks butt.

a neck reset will probably cost you a couple hundred if you have a pro do it.

i'm not sure but that one's probably out of the 60's. looks like someone played the devil out of it.