The Mushroom Project

I'm new to this forum thing. I would have posted sooner in the project but i was way busy and didnt have a website to store the pictures on. I just finisheed getting the intonation runnning in this guitar. It took me aproximately 2 months to finish. This is my first guitar. I modified a LesPaul DC body to get the staggered horns.

jacqui4.gif

It was built completely from scratch. The neck is made from sandwiched maple and mahogany. The sides are also mahogony. I bought all the hardware from Warmoth, they were real nice to talk work with and helped me decided which pickups to use.

mahogany-and-maple.gif

Scale Length: 25.5

Radius: 15"

Body thicknes: 1 3/4"

Finish: Polyuerethane

Pickups: Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck position, and Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge spot.

Stop tailpice and tunomatic bridge.

jacqui2.gif

Heres a shot of the mushroom when i first pieced it together.

shroom-in-progress.gif

Not sure how many pictures i can post in this so i'll stop for today.

Looks good. :D:D

Just a couple questions...

1. Did you use tru-oil or tung oil for the finish?

2. Are those the concentric knobs that Warmoth sells and if so are they the regular or vintage style?

I wanted to use concentric knobs on my project but I'm not sure if I want stew-mac's or warmoth's...wasn't sure what they'd look like. Yours is a good example. I'll be using the same black base with gold tops as well to go with the black pup rings around my gold PAFs (from Brian :D )

Great pics of a sweet guitar! B)

There is no coloring or oil finishing. I put it through a sanding regiment up to about 600 grit. Then about 5 coats of spray on urethane sanded in between every other layer.

I can't remember what style the knobs are I just bought them based on color. They are gnurled as you can see and very easy to use. I didn't want to clutter the mushroom too much so i stacked the knobs. I ran into some problems getting the wiring to fit into the cavity though. I drilled channels into the sides before glueing them to the neck. So i was working in a limited space.

There is a piece of mahogany sandwiched behind the fretboard. It made for a very sexy line runnning the length of the neck. :D

very original, would have a good chance in GOTM, i believe. wonderful idea and well executed.