Washburn Basses And Guitars

bluespresence

Anyone have or play a Washburn? I just bought an XB900 bass and was wondering what experiences you've had with them regarding quality, playability, sound, etc.

I know most of these are subjective so I'm really looking for opinions I guess.

XB900

I guess I'll find out if its a keeper once I get it and play it. I HAVE to cull the herd soon so if you're looking for a nice bass let me know.....I may be interested in selling one or two of mine. I also have my Peavey Combo 115 and 2x10 on ebay right now since I picked up my Ampeg. PM me for info or details on any of the above.

Thanks.

My only Washburn is my acoustic/electric (pictured in my avatar).

The jack started going bad in it after 10 years... but that's its only problem.

Washburn tech-support seemed a little cheesy. I wrote to them and asked for replacement parts and/or schematics. The email I received 1) said they didn't offer parts for my model anymore, and 2) included some "schematics" that looked like they were drawn by a 5 year old.

But I really do love my AB-20.

D~s

Curtis P Posted on Nov 1 2004, 06:52 PM

Pics?

Curtis

Curtis, Click the link in my 1st post. I just got it off ebay today so those are the only pics I have until it arrives here later in the week.

Thanks for the input.....I have sold a few Washburns but only the acoustic and a/e's. I haven't had an electric in yet.

Dugz.....I almost hooked an AB-40 on the bay last week. I bid-sniped it and someone sniped me 2 seconds later. Those bid sniper web sites are good unless you're second in line in their queue.........The guy had it WAY under what it was worth too. He was only asking $299 and it went for $415.....I bid $411.75. That was a bad loss since they're valued about 3 times that high. Maybe next time.