My Project Guitar Site...

Hey all! I'm still relatively new here and just wanted to contribute my project guitar site. Already I've gotten excellent help and info here so I just want to reciprocate. My guitar will be totally scratchbuilt. The body is based on an Ernie Ball Petrucci. Here's what I can tell you about specs:

Mahogany body

Slightly flame mapled top (Body is 1 7/8" right now)

Birdseye Maple neck

Honduran Rosewood (pretty sure) fretboard

3+3 Locking Sperzels

Dimarzio Steve's Special and Air Norton

Wilkinson tem

Wilkinson Roller nut (probably. I have it but am not sure I'll use it).

Hot Rod spoke style truss rod

Will round over the body on both sides with a 3/4" radius bit.

Check out my progress at www.downinfrontht.com.

Please feel free to offer any critiques you feel like offering. I won't be offended by ANYONE telling me where they think I'm going wrong. I'd rather know now than later.

This is my first attempt at building any kind of instrument and already know it won't be my last.

Thanks.

Dave

www.downinfrontht.com

Edited by CudBucket

Hey Dave,

Good to see you over here (We've met on the Petrucci Forum. I'm the guy that made this guitar. If you're interested, check out my new project.)! I like the chunk of rosewood you're using for the fretboard. Not typical looking rosewood. Interesting color and nice looking grain. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished. I haven't seen anyone attempt a EBMM Petrucci before.

Best Regards,

Mike.

Edited by 82DeanZ