DIY chrome truss rod cover?

Well if it is perfectly smooth to begin with you can use one of the available chrome spray paints on the market.

Problem with them is they are not very durable nor do they take a clear coat well. Actually they tend to turn grey if you shoot anything over them :D

no, the chrome boys are actually chrome plated. The first chrome boys all cracked, because the wood moved so much, the JS10's are lucite bodies that have been chrome plated. It's a triple process I believe, first they have to be coated with a conductive paint, then a copper plating is added, and then the chrome is applied to the copper.

Guest AlexVDL

vh-guitarstore says he can paint chrome on guitars... I'm still waiting for pics on his website, but 'till now I cannot believe there's actually a paint that looks like real chrome :D

If there is one... please let me know!!

I have done that process as well...It looks VERY good if done right (I know VH guitars does it right!!!)

Actually, you gotta see it to believe it! Worth every penny!!!!

I was currious about Satriani's stuff, because the VH-Guitar method is a BRAND new technology that was not available when the original "chromeboys" were done

Sorry, I have no pix...I sold it 2 days after I got it back. I got an offer I couldn't refuse!!!

It is PAINT.....It looks great, but it's a process that needs to be done by someone who owns the needed equipment

VH Guitars should be able to hook you up!

Dave

Guest AlexVDL

Yeah I know, but I'm in europe, and I don't want to send my selfbuilt neck thru guitar by mail.

I know very good painters overhere, they have been painting many guitars, but their profession is cars, kitchens and pianos. And I don't mean the cheap 10.000 bucks pianos :-P

I think they have the right stuff to do it. Can I just buy the paint and supply them?

I know it must be a great secret, but I really don't like to send my guitar by mail.

Thanks,

Alex