Work In Prgress - Uv777sc (sweet Cherry)

Hi guys, Been some time since you saw anything from me, Post wise or modification wise, What with moving and the split and getting back together with my wife, Nan having terminal cancer it's been a fricking long few 6 months, Anyhow ....

This is a 2 piece, Sweet Cherry (i'm sure someone will tell me what Group of wood it's from) and as you can see, basic Single humbucker, Single vol, It's needs a ton of stuff doing to it, But i put it together quick and cant stop playing it now !

I'm thinking of going for a Quilted or Flamed Top, Depending on depth of top it will have either PRS/J-Custom natural binding, Or Fake shell ala UV777BK binding, It's actually routed for a K7-Lo-Pro-U-Bar trem arm so has a big ole cavity :-)

Am currently doing a Sweet Cherry Truss rod cover ... And that is really as far as i have got since i started playing it too much to finish !!!

Click Here For a Pic

Comments always welcome

Hope your all doing ok guys

Rob

Yup i used a template, A UV777BK body, ontop of the blank and then drew around it with a pencil :-) All routing work was done free-hand, just using batons to keep lines straight, Corners and shapes were with a rotozip, The arm contour was sanded down to MY comfortability, Rear contour is quite literally rounded off a little, Much like a LesPaul really ... There is a long way to go yet, But i do have many plans in the pipeline, One of which will make nearly everyone GASP !!!

Thanks guys

Rob

Awesome! More people need to use Cherry for guitar wood! It does look more like Oak or Ash to me, though... My next guitar I plan to make out of Wild Cherry. BTW, the girl in your avatar doesn't look half bad either, LOL

Might I ask where you got those comics for your Jackson? Hustler?

Edited by Kyle Cavanaugh

I sympathize with you completely. I have been surrounded by cancer lately. My wife was recently diagnosed with melanoma, one of the most malignant kinds of cancer you can get. Fortunately, it was only about 0.23 mm deep and did not appear to have metastasized. My wife is a doctor herself which is probably what saved her life. She knew that the mole didn't look right and insisted that the dermatologist do a biopsy even though the dermatologist didn't think it was necessary.

Not long before my wife was diagnosed with cancer, my aunt was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. They are giving her 6 months and are telling her to make her arrangements. Very depressing.

To top it all off, one of the head instructors at my Tae Kwon Do studio was diagnosed with metastatic leukemia. She is undergoing chemo and radiation right now as we speak.

Needless to say, it has been a very shocking and introspective time for me lately and I think I can understand what you are going through in some small way. My wife and I were lucky. I wish you only the best. Take care.

Best Regards,

Mike.

I think that this is an illness that is growing up in the last days, My son (2) was diagnosed with histiositosis after he fractured the R femur after falling from his bed. Lucky for us it's a benign tumor and not cancer, but the treatment is almost the same, we spent almost 1 1/2 month in a German Hosp. he is doing better now!

Ok, A few plan changes, I'm scrapping the quilted top, i just really cant be bothered :-) ... But i am going to inlay down the center line a 1cm wide strip of zebrano/zebrawood/snakewood (can't remember, will pop a pic up soon) and i am binding the guitar with thin b/w/b with an outer bind of w/thick black

Will update pics, and hopefully be able to host pics properly soon

Regards

Rob