Tune O Matic Mania....

Moreau

Ok so the guitar im going to make is going to use a TOM, but i dont know what one to buy....

I dont want to spend a fortune. I want it to be black (kinda limits it). But i was curious as to what one to pick, so far ive seen:

Gotoh TOM - $30 at allparts

Mighty Mite - $15 i think

im not sure wat else there is. any suggestions on a good priced good quality bridge?

if you are on a budget, i would go with Gotoh. for the quality and price that they are, best bang for the buck.

Mighty Mite could be decent, but i haven't seen or heard any user review on their products, and i know how extensively Gotoh TOMs are used. as the saying goes "stick to the brands that you know and you won't go wrong."

personally i would go for a TonePros TOM, but they cost double that of a Gotoh TOM.

I got that GOTOH bridge in gold, what can i say, its cheap, looks good, and all

ohh, one thing i found, on the threaded inserts, the studs for them, make sure the screwdriver fits VERY tight in the slot, because mine had a slight ammount of damage done to it when i was tightening them

Curtis

I got that GOTOH bridge in gold, what can i say, its cheap, looks good, and all

ohh, one thing i found, on the threaded inserts, the studs for them, make sure the screwdriver fits VERY tight in the slot, because mine had a slight ammount of damage done to it when i was tightening them

Curtis

Mine to, i chipped off a lot of the chrome bieng careless. It goes the smae with gold or black also.

Its a piss off...

I concur.

Whilst Gotoh are great value for money, and the general structure of the parts are very sound, the finish does have a habit of flaking off.

My SG has a Gotoh Tuneomatic, and its a good unit (no problems with its function) but I am always adjusting my action, and I think too much usage has made the chrome flake off).

But great value, nonetheless.

yeah but they dont make the schaller in black. only black chrome, and its 60 dollars from allparts.com. do u think the gotoh will really flake? why didnt you guys put a piece of duct tape over ur slotted, and then u wont be as harsh on the hardware. are there any other sources for a cheap schaller in black other than allparts?

thanks

Edited by Moreau