Epoxy For Grain Filling

Y'know, at first glance I was put off by the size of the packages as well, but in the last month, dealing with all the Buckeye Burl stuff, I've probably gone thru 15-20 of the fat syringes, at a price of $3.00/ea.

So, it is a good deal if you have the need, but I couldn't have guessed I'd use this much, hindsight being a perfect 20/20 and all... :D

Y'know, at first glance I was put off by the size of the packages as well, but in the last month, dealing with all the Buckeye Burl stuff, I've probably gone thru 15-20 of the fat syringes, at a price of $3.00/ea.

So, it is a good deal if you have the need, but I couldn't have guessed I'd use this much, hindsight being a perfect 20/20 and all... :D

I've never worked with Buckeye. What are you using the epoxy for?

Buckeye Burl is basically sun-colored spalted wood, and since it's burled wood, has bark inclusions (= big holes) that need filling before you can apply a finish to it.

I used the epoxy to fill all the giant holes in it, and I tried using it as a pore-filler, but I found it too messy, and switched to CA for that operation.

So the Buckeyes have both epoxy and CA in them, each used to it's best effect.

See the "12 Whacko Teles on Crack' thread for some Buckeye Burl Tele pics. :D