Fitting Necks, For Dummies

geez, theres alot i need to address here.

first of all, if i have come across as cocky impertannent upstart simply hounding for easy answers then im truely sorry. that has never been my intention.

secondly, as for the tutorials i was referring to the ones on the forum rather than main site, sorry about that. of course 209 is ridiculous amount, that information doesnt need to be replicated on the chat forum, yet, it would be handy, thats all i meant by that.

i looked extensively at the tutorials on the main site for about a month before i came into the chat forum. for some reason i couldnt get the chat forum to work and i kept revisiting. as for :

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/intonate.htm

i hold my wrists out for a slap. i looked at that ages ago but dismissed most of it because it was over my head. i should have went back and re-read it now that i know more and actually undersatand it. a stupid error in my judgement and memory.

as for this http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=2342&st=0

its over a year old and i certainly dont think ive found it on any of my searchs. chances are, im not searching with the right words. again, my bad. i should have said more clearly before when i wasnt getting results with the search engine, that maybe i wasnt using the right phrases for searching.

this one is titled "tunomatic setup, drawing"

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=5188

i probably dismissed it as not being relavant to my bridge type or simply too specific about a bridge i not using.

i hope you understand how im trying to process the information im getting from these threads. perhaps im being too picky?

perhaps i have dived into a pool of knowledge that i simply havent grasped the basics of, so therefore i dont even know what im looking for or how to ask for it.

one point i would like to make is "i first came here just by reading for a few months before i ever posted"

thats you, not me, why would i want to just sit on the outskirts watching when i could be getting in there and getting involved? i dont feel ive contributed much but i have learned loads and its been from asking questions. ive had a lot of support about this thread saying things like "keep asking" and "dont take any notice of them" .

to be truthful I DONT MIND critisism, i dont mind being slapped on the wrist. these are the things that are guiding me along and if im out of line then i have no problem with being told off. so be as rough with me as you please.

one thing i do object too is being labeled a "teen" im 25 years young, while i do enjoy spongebob i'll have you know i spend at the very least 1 hour a day on this forum and looking on the website for info. thats all the time i have to spare, i work and have a life. (i am in no way insinuating that anyone that spends more than an hour on the net doesnt have a life)

again doubts have been cast over my 'doing' of homework. i trawled through tons of old threads, if you havent seen me, thats not my fault.

i really was only asking to be pointed in the right direction, i wasnt asking for snippets, yet as drak said, dont ask broad barn door type questions, ask specifics. you say snippets, he says specific.. its all a contradiction now?

as far as im concerned, going through old threads one by one , post by post, will be my last resort, not my first option.

i dont want this thread to turn into a silly bitter battle of bollox. i honestly thought that maybe this thread would be a great little source of info for people like myself and would serve a purpose. i can see now that im too innexperienced to be trying anything like that and id rather see this thread deleted or sunk into the abyss before it turns into an even bigger tradgedy.

i have done tons of reading and if you only knew how much ive learned so far! i came here without so much as a clue as to how a guitar could be built, im still very much in the dark about alot and have alot of questions. i can only thank the knowledgable people of this forum for there kind help.

i do think all your points are valid, i will go and do my homework and will return (in time) clued up and able to ask questions in a format that can be answered.

westhemann, thank you for the links, i have read them over and they are invaluable.