Your Favorite Guitar With Pic And Why....

bigdguitars

Well my favorite guitar is the one that I made of couse. It was my first complete build from scratch. I did everything on this guitar. It has so many mistakes in construction tech, but it plays and feels better than all my others.

this is a custom designed body that has all the electronics to go with it, it even includes my very first varitone....

the design is so lopped sided, and does not match up... its like a partial neck through cept not really and the fretboard is not tall enough. The head stock shape mirrors the body which is way cool, but it should be on an angle. its cut like a strat... the neck has a V on the thumb side but a c on the other its perfect shape for me, thats why I love it.

Here is my pic... pic2.jpg

That would be my Washburn AB-20 fretless acoustic bass; spruce top, Mahogany body and neck, Rosewood fingerboard and bridge, Piezo bridge pickup, and Equis active preamp. (I call her "Sylvia")

I found her in a a pawn shop. I had never played a bass before, but when I picked her up I just HAD to play her. Between the fretless fingerboard and the nylon-wrapped flat-wound strings, it's like gliding on deep ice.

PICTURE

And she sounds incredible... in spite of my terrible playing.

SAMPLE

I have yet to find another guitar (of any type) that feels like she does.

D~s

my fave would be my just recently accquired squire supersonic, truly amazing, just saw it in my guitar shop and knew instantly what it was and how good it was, had a blast and I wanted it, and got it. It's truely one of those finds, amazing quality, playablity, sound and looks, ohh and a lovely blue sparkle finish. The great thing about it is the price, £225, now this is a little more than they would have cost new, but it is soo worth it, I compared it to an american strat, and they played pretty much the same, the only difference was the super sonics 24" scale length and the humbuckers. This really came along at a great time, wanted a new guitar, but all the ones i would have settled for would have cost me alot more, so I found my great gutar, and I love it...but it still don't stop me from wanting more....

Super-Sonic.jpg

not my acctual one, but exactly the same.

New to project guitars. Stumbled upon it by accident, but what a very learned bunch of guys out there. I've already found answers to questions that I havn't even asked..how good's that?

Anyway, can anyone out there help me with some information about a guitar that I picked up in a second hand shop about 10 years ago?

It's a Fylde Packleader, I'm told. Electric of course, but odd for Roger Bucknell to build. (pretty well into acoustics)It dates back to 1980/81 I believe, and is just heaven to play. The build quality is unreal! The neck is like silk and it damned near plays itself.

This one's a bit special though. Instead of the pearl inlays on the neck, it has single strips of contasting timber at the third, fifth etc frets. 22frets, but looks like it has about 40 at first glance. I have a feeling from a comment made by a guitar guru that saw it one day that it may be the prototype from which the pretty limited full range was made.

Anybody help me with any info at all.... anything would be a help.

I will take pic and post it here as soon as i've worked out how to.

Cheers

Philphil@thegyst.biz