Prs 513

Daniel Sorbera

ok I'm prety sure I have it figured out, or at least got something that will get me the same place. Check this out.

When you flip the switch the single coils next to each other are wired in series and work like a humbucker, when you flip it the other way it turnes off the two coils and makes it work just like a regular strat. No matter where the 2 way switch is the 5 way works just like stock just insted of having one single coil for neck and bridge it has a "humbucker" there.

Do you think this would work? Do I have it wired up to the switch correctly?

As shown, the (?)DPDT switch in the lower right hand corner does nothing. As for the rest, no, it won't work as drawn, and since you haven't labelled the wires from the humbuckers, I'm not sure what you're trying to do. To do what you describe, all you have to do is wire a DPST to short the middle wire splice on each humbucker to ground (one pole per pickup).

ok I think I got it now, The small single throw switch just cuts the two coils when I flip it. Would it be a problem that when in humbucker mode both coils are grounded? 513 schematic

I did just what you said "all you have to do is wire a DPST to short the middle wire splice on each humbucker to ground"

Edited by Godin SD