Hey Graphics Gurus

sscovill

Alright, bear with me here...I've got an idea, but I need a little help if possible.

I'm doing a black leather top on my Les Paul project and I had the idea of adding some grey leather flames (classic style) to it coming up from the bottom. I can even have the grey flames sown on top of the black leather.

The problem I'm having, is that I can't draw and can't find any scalable images of flames that would work and fit the basic shape of the Les Paul.

So, if anyone out there is a graphics guru (and I know there are), would you be able or willing to help me with this?

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by sscovill

Here's what I've come up with. Both pieces will be leather.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v487/sscovil...s-Grey-Copy.jpg

hey, thats a great idea

BUT

if it was me, i would have them meet in the middle, at the bottom, in a half circle, get what i mean?

I think it would be way cooler!!

Curtis

Yeah, I get what you mean and it's a cool idea, but I really dig what I came up with and am anxious to see if I can pull it off.

I'm thinking I'll cut the black leather first by laying the body face down on it and cutting it precisely with an xacto knife and then hand cut the grey flames and have them sewn on. Then, I'll try to glue the whole thing to the body.

Hopefully it will work...

Yeah, I get what you mean and it's a cool idea, but I really dig what I came up with and am anxious to see if I can pull it off.

I'm thinking I'll cut the black leather first by laying the body face down on it and cutting it precisely with an xacto knife and then hand cut the grey flames and have them sewn on. Then, I'll try to glue the whole thing to the body.

Hopefully it will work...

Maybe there's a way to get the flames EMBOSSED into the body leather?

Oh wait, you want the flames raised...

Well you could combine the two, emboss the body leather then use a thicker leather for the flames themselves...that way the bottom edges won't be visible...

well, okay, just thinking out loud, you probably already thought of that...the morning's my creative time... :D

OK

On monday I can zip along some stuff I figured on Photoshop. I have a crappy rip-off Les at my disposal, but I dunno if the dimensions are quite right.

I can send you/post some stuff you could scale nicely, but I'll try to send you one helluva .gif to try and be 100% at 100 dpi.

... Oh yeah... first post newbie, nice to meet you all, bye.

And may the Japanese craftsmen inherit the earth.

Thats what i got the flames from. Sorry to be a tard... thought you wanted something scalable without losing quality... that's what the PDF image was for. My bad though... If you want it though...

*Puts in a drawer.*