Building A New Cabinet, Need Help W/ Crossover

thrashncrust

ok, im building a cabinet with 2x12's and 2x15's all 8 ohms, i wanna put in a crossover that i saw on partsexpress.com Crossover , but heres what i wanna know and do, i wanna crossover all the bass frequencies to the 15's and the mids and highs to the 12's, will it work? i also wanna know if any of you have used crossovers in guitar cabs before

If this is a cab stricktly for guitar playing, ... and correct me if I'm wrong, I would get all guitar speakers, the 15's and the 12's, isolate the 12 from the 15, then if you want to use a crossover to separate highs from the 15 (which I don't see nescesary if you are using guitar speakers since they are designed for that frq responce )

eminence 15 parameters and eminence 12 parameters .

The only thing I would recomend is an inductor to chock the extreme highs from the speakers above 15Khz. I really don't see the point of mixing 12 and 15, unless you are a bass player, and lately I've seen that they are favoring a tower of 10's instead of the bigger ones.

I myself am contemplating the idea of a cab for 4x12 or 8x10 and the 8x10 is getting closer to be sone, the only thing holding me back is the money it takes to get this amount of speakers.

Let me know which route you go and your experience with the X-over, I got an active one here that used to be in my car and it's a 3 way with 18 db cut with variable freq. Which runs at 12 Vdc just like the amp that I plan on using.

Good luck

No the 3 way Xover won't work there, it is designed for tweeters, you will here is mostly hiss coming out of your 10's. There is not much freq responce in guitar, that's why all you see is speaker and not tweeters on guitar amps. on bass you have them so that the slap of the strings sound more bright!

You are going way over what you need to make a good guitar cab. Just look at what the pros are using, Zakk, Slash, Hammett, King, there are no tweets on their set up. Just a thoguht.

No the 3 way Xover won't work there, it is designed for tweeters, you will here is mostly hiss coming out of your 10's. There is not much freq responce in guitar, that's why all you see is speaker and not tweeters on guitar amps. on bass you have them so that the slap of the strings sound more bright!

You are going way over what you need to make a good guitar cab. Just look at what the pros are using, Zakk, Slash, Hammett, King, there are no tweets on their set up. Just a thoguht.

by the way... how is the neck