Finally One Finished

Well its not totally done but the changes are minor:

1. replace bad tone placement with selector switch for coils

2. Make Jack Holder and Control Covers

3. Play more finish off(this is long term)

The story;

Went to a yard sale and bought some basswood for 5 bux. Will get three bodies out of it. This one was several experiments sorta lefty body right hand neck. Right hand contours.

While playing with different finishes I started sanding some off, liked what I saw and stopped. The rest was completed with parts on hand. The toggle switch for the coils will be my largest cash output. (The rest was received in trades etc...)

Let me know what you think, for now it's call Yaxe but im trying for a better name.

1.jpg

7.jpg

The Yaxe Gallery

The neck is from carvin i got it in a trade a while back.

The hole the tone control is in was intended for a switch but then I didn't have one on hand. They suck that close together.

The color scheme was an accident I had a whole other idea planned and was experimenting. It didnt work this is what was left between sandpaper changes. I primed it grey and that didnt work for a base with the yellow. I primed it white and the finish wasnt going on right so....

Ive thought about doing the headstock but probably wont I do want to add a pick holder to the non tuner side.

It looks like i need to wet sand and rub it out from the pics. My favorite feature is not having to worry about dings and scratches etc...

Edited by syxxstring

that is one of the coolest looking guitars i've seen in a while. i don't know why, 'cause it's really freaking ugly, but it looks so awesome, i'm gonna talk one of my buddies into letting me do that to his squier.