Sigma/martin A/e Bass

bluespresence

I'm slowly getting into electronics but selling 75+ guitars a month plus working a full time job is keeping me from getting more lines at the moment. My full time job is coming to an end very soon and I'll be doing the guitar thing full time.

Here's the start of the new life:

Presence Guitars

eBay has been the bread and butter so far and it's really hard to beat because of the traffic it gets.

I'll stick to being an online dealer. My goal is to not have to get up and be at work at a certain time. I like the "freedom" of working out of the house - I say "freedom" because it really does tie me to the computer but at least I don't have a boss.......except my dog and he only bugs me when I'm eating and I don't share :D

Brick and mortar stores require employees, light bills, heat bills, rent or mortgage payments, etc......having married into a family with a 100+ year old business I live with the hassle of running a store (they are at it 24/7). Another benefit is keeping my prices down. Since I don't have all those other bills I can remain competetive with the big online dealers and hopefully be one of them some day.

It's been a pretty good year....good enough that the wife agrees her paycheck can support us while I keep growing and reinvesting every penny into my business. The only drawback is the tax man.....taxes are due next month and that takes a huge chunk of my money that would have been reinvested. The joy of capitalism.....

EDIT: I forgot to mention one of my goals is to start a non-profit group that provides musical instruments to kids that can't afford them. I figure if I was introduced to playing at a younger age I would have avoided a lot of the trouble I found myself in. I believe music gives kids direction and discipline that is lacking in our society and I feel a need to help - even if it is only in a small way. If I'm home I will have the time to build that up with my business and give it the time I want without being tied down to a job or a store to run.