Guitar Of The Month For February

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 23rd of January then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

Meet the Floyd Bird!

Custom Designed Signature Drakasster Honduran Mahogony Body

Birdseye Maple booked front -AND- rear Plates

Stew-Mac Jackson style neck w/ body-matching Birdseye Veneer

(Yes, I applied the Birdseye to the neck from the same wood as the body)

Sperzel satin-finished Gold Locking Tuners

Graphite nut

Original Floyd Rose Tremolo w/ Recessed Route Installation

EMG 'Lukather' pickup set SAV/SAV/85

EMG Afterburner Pre-amp

EMG EXG tone shaping pot

Volume and Tone pots

Standard 5-way pickup selector

Nitro-Lacquer Finish

Rear Access Comfort Contour for Upper Register Access

Rear Body Bout

Yeah, this is my '80's Vai/Satch Shredder thang, and follows my 'clean to mean' philosophy. It has gorgeous cleans, and if you wanna play mean, click up the 85, roll up the Afterburner, it's all over mate. :D

Floyd%20Headstock.jpg

Floyd%20Body.jpg

Floyd%20Closeup.jpg

Floyd%20Rear.jpg

Fatboy, this is projectguitar.

Projectguitar, this is Fatboy.

Let me tell you a little something about Fatboy. He's fat for a reason. He is entirely handmade. I even handmade the truss rod. Bent the metal and tapped the nut! The top and bottom archtops were hand carved. The center section consists of a mono-frame made from ash. An ivory binding was added to the body, neck and headstock and the guitar was finished with a translucent orange.

The last image is the tag that went inside the guitar.

SPECIFICATIONS

Semi-hollow body archtop

Top and Back - 2 piece Poplar

Sides and Center - mono-frame ash

Neck - 3 piece maple

Fingerboard - Rosewood

Truss Rod - Handmade steel truss rod + 2 carbon fiber rods

Scale length - 24.5 scale

Number of frets - 21

Tuning machines - Grover Tuners

Bridge - Tune-o-matic

Pickups - Chrome "Open Face" Custom Humbuckers

Finish - Polyurethane

Color - Trans Tint Orange

Inlay - MOP neck and Headstock Logo

fatboy_mock_03.jpg

fatboy_img_01.jpg

fatboy_img_02.jpg

fatboy_img_03.jpg

hitonetag.jpg

Edited by Hitone

Well here is my latest project:

I call it simple gold.

its a flamed maple body 6/4 thick strat, thats just about the most resonant piece of wood that I have ever worked with. Most flamed maple has that bonk thats not all that much of a bonk and weighs a ton. This is not like any other maple I have seen. Its light and resonant and is so beautiful. For being rock hard maple I am surprised how light this guitar is.

Neck: One piece Palisander rosewood, fender scale from warmoth. 6105 frets, corina nut, gold sperzels.

Electronics: Gibson 498 and 500 pickups. My vartione switch, and a kill switch no tone control or vol so pickups are wide open in my bypass mode, if I want to tone it down I have the varitone.

Sound. This guitar sounds so clear no muddy notes, almost perfect, I have yet to really play it but Oh my gosh is the first reaction. Notes leap off the fretboard.

Finish: Neck needs no finish!!!! that clean woody feel. The body was finished with tru oil which is my new best friend... has that good sheen not satin but not glossy. The flames jump out pretty well.

Pics:

HPIM0716_1.JPG

HPIM0719_1.JPG

HPIM0720.JPG

HPIM0721.JPG

I don't stand a chance against the Fat Boy, but what the heck, I'll chuck the Vee into the fray.

Scratch built Vee,

Ash body,

bolt on Maple neck laminated with black Poplar,

Ebony fretboard.

PVC Fence post binding.

Rear scratch plate cut and sanded from old Tele pickguard.

Nigerian Satinwood vener on top with Testors Candy Apple Red spray paint and polyurethane finish.

pg4146.jpg

pg4145.jpg

pg4144.jpg

Heavy as all get out.

This is "Mike's Mohog." Here are some pics:

Body%20Close%202%20JS6.jpg

Back%20of%20Body%20Close%20JS6.jpg

Edge%20JS6.jpg

Front%20of%20JS6.jpg

Here are the specs:

Birdseye maple neck with slightly thicker than wizard profile and slightly thicker on the thumb side for comfort. 1/8 in allen nut, double-action Hot Rod truss rod adjustable at the headstock. Four coats of Minwax tung oil rubbed out with 0000 steel wool. Neck attached with 4 gold recessed ferrules.

25.5 in scale length, 22 fret rosewood fretboard with abalone inlays, abalone side dots with custom "triple side dot" at the 12th fret and Dunlop 6105 frets. Hand-rolled fretboard edges. Fretboard polished to a high gloss with 0000 steel wool and lemon oiled.

Graphtech nut and black metal string retainer bar.

Black Planet Waves auto-trim tuners with 18:1 tuning ratio.

2-piece honduran mahogany body with custom all-access neck pocket. Angled side output jack. Standard black strap buttons. Body prepared with 12 coats of Minwax tung oil rubbed out with 0000 steel wool and finished with a coat of Minwax finishing wax to give an edible sheen to the mahogany.

Hum-Hum configuration with black humbucker rings containing a Dimarzio PAF Joe in the neck and Fred in the bridge position. Rear routed control cavity with custom mahogany stained flame maple control cover held with 4 gold screws. Black volume and tone controls with black 3-way toggle switch (bridge, bridge+neck, neck).

Black Hipshot hardtail bridge with rear string-through body configuration with gold ferrules.

Setup with 1.5 mm action and slight neck relief. Sustains forever and has a sweet meaty growl.

Edited by 82DeanZ

This is my hybrid fretless bass...from scratch-except tuners- head unit and fishman transducer/ preamp.

I will post some higher quality- more revealing- pics if I can get some.

GOTMpics001.jpg

GOTMpics002.jpg

GOTMpics003.jpg

GOTMpics004.jpg

Body-

2 piece maple, 1/4" book-matched amboyna burl top, big leaf quilted maple control cover, sound chamber in upper part of body, recessed strap locks and jack

Neck-

birdseye maple, cocobolo fingerboard with 16" radius, 30 "fret"-less access, pearl side dots, "filed down" zero fret, curved fretboard end, bolt on

Bridge-

cocobolo and bone with fishman matrix natural 1 undersaddle piezo

Hardware-

ABM headless - except for the bridge, which I replaced with my own

Electronics-

Fishman MAtrix natural 1 piezo, single volume knob- 9 volt fishman preamp

Strings-

LeBella double ball end, tapewounds.

Finish-

Sam Maloof's combination of boiled linseed, tung oil and polyeurathane

Sound-

as much like an upright as I have ever heard coming from an electric bass

Edited by bassman

man...running against that bass feels just plain wrong...it's gorgeous.

however, i'm going to enter my latest accomplishment, Blue-y. i chose the name when i first sprayed the blue on and completely fell in love with the color.

it started as a basic strat:

http://fullservesite.com/stratomagic/kieth's/raw.jpg

followed by a re-paint on the front:

http://fullservesite.com/stratomagic/kieth.../front(fin).jpg

also, the back got a bit of color splashed into it:

http://fullservesite.com/stratomagic/kieth...s/back(fin).jpg

i also re-hashed the electronics to a simpler, easier to use system that makes a lot more sense.

instead of a 5-way, it now has a 3-way, selecting either n+m, all three, or m+b in series. the first tone knob is for the neck, the second for the bridge. nothing for the mid.

the guy i did it for is gonna bring it back in a little while when i'll add a basic JFET boost circuit into it. single white push-button in between the volume and the first time.