Ball bearing bit?

Hi all, tomorrow I'm going to start working again on my guitar.

I'm making a neck-through, and I've already made the wings (even if I'm going to do again the upper wing 'cause it came out bad :D).

So I was thinking... what if I make some bad routing on it? I'll have to do all the work again?

Since I think that to prevent is better, I was wondering if I have to buy one of those ball bearing router bits that stewmac sells (I can't find it near where I live...), but is there another method to do all the routing stuff well (pick-ups, recessed floyd rose, controls) without the ball bearing attachment?

As always, if my english sucks, it's not my fault B)

So I was thinking... what if I make some bad routing on it? I'll have to do all the work again?

Since I think that to prevent is better, I was wondering if I have to buy one of those ball bearing router bits that stewmac sells (I can't find it near where I live...), but is there another method to do all the routing stuff well (pick-ups, recessed floyd rose, controls) without the ball bearing attachment?

As always, if my english sucks, it's not my fault :D

i do all of my pickup cavities freehand(well, sort of) with the router, i just clamp a piece of wood to the body to act as a guide for the base of the router and do all of the straight bits that way. When it come to getting the corners square i use a chisel. On pickups with roun bits(like jazz bass p-ups) i get the router lined up above the bit to be routed and slowly plunge it down, as if you were drilling the hole. So far i am getting good results, but i have made the odd mistake or two(nothing that could`nt be fixed)

its a scary business i know!, one mistake and it might be .......... nooooooooo!

btw ... your english is great!

if you think youre gonna build more than just that one guitar its probably worth spending the bucks for the templates they are fast and you basicaly cant screw up! if you have the tools, dremel,drill files. you can make your own

out of plexi galss wich you can usually get at most hardware stores. it takees a little time but probably not much longer than freehanding it! and you know the cut will turn out exactly like the template. plus after you make them you have them for many more projects!

good luck, and remember measure three times and cut once!