Neck Thru Strat

MzI

Im not quite sure if i could fit a barrel jack on the front and recess it. Right now the body is only 1 1/2" thick its kinda slim. Ill definetly look into it because as of right now I have no idea on what to do with the input jack. I really dont wanna go with the traditional lp plate on the side. Im not a big fan of the plates. Plus im going with a very minimalist approach to this guitar as a whole.

MzI

Edit: Matt, I looked at that recessed jack picture you put up in your thread. The one problem for me is that I use right angle cables so burying the jack too far into the body wont work for me.

Edited by MzI

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not quite sure if i could fit a barrel jack on the front and recess it. Right now the body is only 1 1/2" thick its kinda slim. Ill definetly look into it because as of right now I have no idea on what to do with the input jack. I really dont wanna go with the traditional lp plate on the side. Im not a big fan of the plates. Plus im going with a very minimalist approach to this guitar as a whole.

MzI

Well My Oak Brutalizer Is not All that Thick And Mine Worked out fine

check every thing out make sure It can work and I say Go for It :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Thought id post a couple more pics of what I did tonight.

Control cavity cover

Control layout

Headstock

I got the control cavity cover cut. The wood came from the same board as the neck lams and also the top from my first guitar. There isnt any napatha or anything on that wood thats how it actually looks. I removed the trace paper from the headstock. Took a bit of sanding cuz it was on there for so long. Now I just hafta drill the holes for the tuners. Going to wait on that for a lil bit because I havent decided what kind of tuners im going to use yet. The headstock is actually 3 pieces but the lamination came out well I cant find the glue lines. I had no luck in finding my router bit to cut the binding channel so ill have to look some more tomorrow. Its finally getting close to finish.

As of now im thinking that this may be the last new guitar I start for the summer. Ill end up finishing my Purple heart V and that will be it. This guitar I will prolly end up entering into my local woodworking show next april.

My bass actually came in 3rd place in the novice category. It can be found here Bass Pictures , click the 2005 winners, Then click the novie category to see a picture of the top 3 winners. Just to let you know. The violin was built by a professional and the cabinet that came in second place was also built by a professional.

MzI