fret cutting miter box?

ryeisnotcool2

i just thought id ask before i order one, they are selling the saw and box for about 80$ wich to me is alot of cash for a little back saw and miter box!

but its a nice system so it seems so i guess i will just have to bight the bullet unles you guys know where i could get a set up a little cheaper? i could build one but if i figure my time it would be just as quick to buy and a lot less thinking involved. thanks for your help rye

Do you have a table saw? if you do, you are way further ahead to buy their table saw blade for fret slotting. Faster, easier to get consistent depth, generally cuts a nicer slot.

However, if you don't have a table saw, the stew mac miter box is really nice, I believe the saw has a depth stop on it as well.

yeah i have a table saw. but its a delta 10" the miter guage for it isnt that great and i dont think i could trust it for cutting the fret slots. id rather do it with a table saw though! maybe i can find a better miter guage for my saw, then i could just get that blade and the plexy template! we'll see :D

id rather just make a jig like the one leo fender made for fender and now g&l! but i dont think that will happen any time soon.