Jump to content

What Kind Of Bridge Did Clapton Have On His Sg?

Recommended Posts

For my first build I'm going to be doing a white SG with 2 p-90's. What kind of bridge did claptons have?? It was weird, kinda like a bigsby, but kinda like those weird tailpieces. And finally, does anybody have a link to where I can buy them and know if they require a neck angle?? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you talking about the SG that Clapton used to record the Disraeli Gears LP with Cream? It was painted by a Dutch art group called the Fool. Very appropriate painting for the period. :D

If that's the one, it didn't have a Bigsby type tailpiece or anything like that. It had sort of a tune-o-matic - a fixed tailpiece but the bridge itself was screwed into the body rather than on posts and it had individual saddles for compensation. I have a book with a picture of it.

I haven't seen another bridge quite like it, so no idea where to get it. Sorry, not much help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...