"chet Atkins" Sst Model

While we were at Opry Mills Mall yesterday, my wife and I stopped by Gibson's instrument shop and tourist trap. While I was there, I got play the "Chet Atkins" SST model... and I wasn't impressed, which is a shame because I am (was) a huge fan of Chet's remarkable skills.

The balance/weight didn't feel any better than my $150 Chinese Epiphone. (Of course, the quality was a lot better, but that falls into the "Well Duh" category.)

The controls (which are mounted in the side of the body, near the neck) look neat and work pretty good... as long as you're not in a hurry. Moving either hand up to adjust the controls while playing would be difficult at best.

I had really hoped that a guitar that had Chet's name on it would be better.

But, wait... you can buy it now for the low price of $1200! (SSF)

D~s

Edited by Dugz Ink

check it WOW. Thats about as good as it gets in the solid body acoustic division. David crowder plays one And it sounds AMAZING. (Not to mention it looks way cool under stage lights :D )

Coming in at about $3500 USD It sure better be the best! And it is. Now I just wish I could afford it B)

I had really hoped that a guitar that had Chet's name on it would be better.
Dude your joking right? Dont you know that all these "signature" modles are just (most of the time) peices of crap (all of the time) with way inflated prices. Just MHO Edited by Godin SD

I had to sit down with the CAD and design what I thought a "Chet Atkins" solid-body acoustic should look like. I didn't add in any knobs, yet, but they would be where you could actually reach them while you were playing.

Dugz Solid-body Acoustic design

D~s