Help Me Pick Some Pickups

ripsrv

ok guys i need opinions for pickups for my first form scratch project. the guitar pics can be found in the finished works section the thread is titled "first sketch". it is basically going to be a semi-hollow body{mahogany} guitar built for nothing but blues. im going to use a 25.5 scale on it so i can use a strat style neck with huge frets. im thiniking a fender mustang bridge. now like i said i want a bluesy tone. i was thinking of a seth lover humbucker for the bridge and then 1 or 2 lace sencors for the mid/ neck or jsut neck. maybee vintage pickups and a seth lover. they will probably be monted in a customized jagstang pickgaurd so they will have the radical angle. any thoughtswould be appreciated. thanks the craig

I'd put a seth lover in the bridge like you said and than put 2 seymour duncan alnico pro II single coils next to each other (so it looks like a humbucker) and wire it so you can wire them in series ( a humbucker) or cut one so it's a single coil. SO basicly you would have a single coil sound that no split humbucker would match.

thanks fo rthe advice. i have a few more questions tho on that. why wouldnt i jusut sue an alnico 2 pro humbucker vs. the 2 single coil idea you have? i have one in my suctom strat, would the two sound the same? and is there a diference between a single coil and splitting a humbucker? one thing i found strange was that my alnicoIIpro in my strat has a chrome plate over it and it isnt the two single coil look that the rest are. i still have the box tho it clearly says its the right pickup. do they make them like that or did they send me the wrong one. thanks again

• 1 month later...
thanks fo rthe advice. i have a few more questions tho on that.  why wouldnt i jusut sue an alnico 2 pro humbucker vs. the 2 single coil idea you have? i have one in my suctom strat, would the two sound the same? and is there a diference between a single coil and splitting a humbucker? one thing i found strange was that my alnicoIIpro in my strat has a chrome plate over it and it isnt the two single coil look that the rest are. i still have the box tho it clearly says its the right pickup. do they make them like that or did they send me the wrong one. thanks again

That's just a nickel cover over the pickup - you should be able to take it off to reveal the bobbins (the parts that look like a single coil).