Inlay routing using smaller dremel

Hey all, starting to finish up my first guitar project. I was wanting to do a small, simple inlay on the 12th fret of a brazillian rosewood fretboard. The only dremel I have is the smaller battery powered one, I believe it goes to 7,500 RPM's. Has anyone ever used one of these for inlays, does it have enough power to work? Look forward to your advice. :D

you can try it, but I don't know if it will have the power you need. You will also need a dremel router base to maintain a consistent depth. I believe the standard dremel runs at 30,000rpm. The cordless one I don't know if it has the torque to do what you want to do. But, if you're just going to do something at the 12th fret, it can't hurt to try, it'll get the job done, just don't know how easily or quickly :D

sure at least try it but if you have any scraps of rose wood left yoiu might want to try on that first. sometimes if the rpm is to slow the bit will "grab" and could shoot accross your piece, damaging it! so its easier to find out on a scrap piece than to have to replace or sand down a fret board. just make a few cuts in the scrap to see. but remember Patience is imortant! escpetialy with inlay work.

and heck if it doesnt work well, it gives you a good excuse to buy a bigger one!

Thank guys, I think I will give it a try just to see how it works. I bought my neck so I don't have any scrap rosewood, is there another wood easily available that is the same consistency to practice on? Also I'm kind of stumped on what to make. Its a Les Paul type guitar and I just wanted a fairly simple 12th fret inlay. This is my first inlay attempt so nothing too involved. I like the birds on PRS guitars but don't want to do the same thing. Any ideas or drawings would be greatly appreciated