Strat Neck Plate Dimensions

Kevan

Hey all!

I've got a new project in the works, but I can't get started on it until I get some dimensions. Unfortunately, my only Strat neck plate is in Texas and won't be back for a couple of weeks, so I'm here to ask for a hand...

Can some one post the exact dimesions (millimeters or inches) of a regular Strat neck plate?

The measurements I need are:

- Length

- Width

- Thickness

- Hole spacing (edge-to-center)

- Hole diameter

If anyone can score me those, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry, I can't find my metric rule, but here's the measurements off my MIM Strat:

L- 2.5 in.

W- 2 in.

T- 3/32 in.

HS- 1-3/8 in. vertical or 1-7/8 in. horizontal (edge of hole to center of next hole) 1-1/2 in. vertical or 2 in. horizontal (center to center)

HD- 5/16 in. (not accounting for countersink, actual inside diameter is probably less)

Amazingly, the measurements were spot on for the English system. Hope this helps.

Edited by crafty

The plate on my 88 Am. Std. strat is same length and width but 1/8" thick. Hole spacing (center to center) is 1.5" across and 2" length. All mounting holes (1/4" dia.) are 1/4" from hole center to edges of plate. Microtilt hole (3/16" dia.) is on centerline 1/4" from hole center to bottom edge of plate.

Edited by Southpa

Just wanted to point out that thickness is up to you. The American Strat plate is probably as thin as you wan to go. conversely, on my Callaham supplied plate, I suspect it is between 3/8 and 1/4. I'll measure tonight when I get home.