3-way Blade Wiring

versaln

Hey again everyone. So I'm trying to do the wiring on my guitar, and I have a 3-way switch, fender style. Four terminals on each side, one side has a spring. I wired it the way it showed me to on Seymour Duncan's website, and the middle position is muted.

This is how it looks:

1 2 3 4

A B C D

Spring

I have the neck hot going into 1, the bridge going into D, and jumpers on A-B, B-3, and 3-4, with 4 then going to the volume knob.

Neck and bridge positions work fine, middle position has no sound. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Todd

If you've got a multimeter, you can suss out any switch in just a few minutes simply by checking for continuity between the contacts in each switch position - once you know what the pattern is, hooking the switch up is fairly trivial, plus you learn why the switch works, so you're not simply wiring from memory. With all the oddball import wafer switches I've fooled with over the years, I check the switch as a matter of course, unless it's a known quantity, like a stock Fender switch.

Did you make sure that A and 4 are the lugs that are always "on"? You might have the wiring correct, just reversed. You can look at the side of the switch, and when you move the blade, one of the lugs on each side will always be in contact, as well as one of the other three. It may be that these are the 1 and D lugs, in which case, you would switch your inputs to A and 4, etc.