Emulated Line Out

My amp has an "emulated line out/headphone" jack. What does emulated mean? My reason for asking, is I have a small cabinet I made using my phone's speaker for speaker phone, and I wanted to know if I could hook the speaker phone cabinet up to the emulated line out, just for fun. In case your wondering I have the Marshall MG100DFX.

The emulated in emulated line out refers to a speaker/poweramp emulation - it's supposed to sound just like your amp if it was miked. Some of them work pretty well - I'm not particularly impressed with the MG line out, but it's not terrible, and you may like it.

FWIW, a true line level output will not drive a speaker very well under any circumstances - since yours is a line out/headphone driver, try it. If it sounds like @$$, don't use it. Dn't worry, you won't break anything.

I tried it in my headfones a while back and then tried it in the speaker phone cabinet (that I haven't tried out yet BTW) and I just realized the speaker from the speaker phone blows monkey shaft. It didn't sound bad in the headphones. Has anyone had experience with the tiny boss spekaers that can handle like 150 watts in a 3.5 inch speaker?