Worrying Discovery...

This morning i started to sand down my old Showmaster. It was a "limited" run of guitars wit a special *cats eye and scratvh" design.

Even with the limited idea i wanted a new design so i began to sand it down.

About an hour into this i found a worrying picture underneath the orignal paint.

It was a logo from Jimmy Shine. (A motorbike with... "Bottled for SO-CAL speed shop).... Ive done a little bit of research and found out WHO he is.. but thats not the problem

Im more worried about why it is there...

Was there ever a run of showmasters with that on?

Is it "special" in some kind of way??

It does look really cool though! :D

Thanks in advance for any help

Probably a factory defect-refinish. They probably painted the guitar with the Jimmy Shine logo and screwed it up somehow, so they then refinished it with the Cat's Eye and Scratch finish.

Back in the day, you could buy a black or dark blue car new from the showroom, get in a wreck, and find out that your car had been originally painted red or white at the factory. Something got messed up at the factory and they just refinished the whole car in a different color. Doesn't happen anymore, but it could easily happen with a guitar, too.

Thanks for all your help... I suppose i should of thought about it being a factory refinish B)

Heh on a cheerier note though, im now well under way customing my guitar!

Im hopeing to have it completed within the next few weeks

Once again thankyou!

:D ... in future i should do some more research me thinks before bothering u lot? :D

Thankoo

Marksound - Yes it was identical to that!

Heh since i got my new guitar (bc-rich kkv) i have jumped off the fender erm... ive jumped off the fender bus and jumped on the Bc rich Limo :D

heh, im now saving up for a custom that a friend is going to make (usually charges upto £600.. remarkably cheap for outstanding guitar build/quality!

The finish will be the same as a PRS e.g Really deep purple with black streaks

Thanks for all your help :D .. gonna carry on work on the showmaster now B)

This may sound dumb, but you never know. You do realize you'll have to veneer the top to get the look you want, don't you?

Well i must confess at this point... although its my custom guitar n im doing pretty much all of it... when it comes to the finish ive told me dad what i want n he wil do it.. hes done this sorta thing a lot and e knows what hes doin so ill leave tht all to him B)

Cheers Devon Headen ne way :D

L8rz :D