Vintager Ac112

Maher

http://www.behringer.com/AC112/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Im thinking of getting this, but i was wondering if anyone has tried it. Its really cheap.

i want an amp thats good at low levels (i currently running a MG15DFX combo, i cant have that out even past 2 on the dist. channel) but i will be getting gigs soon (hopefully lol) so i need something that is loud aswell.

I have one of these I use to test repairs with. Had it about 3 months and used it twice at practice. I am very impressed with the value. That Jensen kicks butt, for what it is. Noisy effects, 20 second warmup time and single input are my only complaints, so far. I bought it cause it was CHEAP!

Hey! You can get the GM-212 for the same price at Samash and I would have done it if the price was that low. Don't know if it has the tube preamp but Lovecraft says tube preamps are wasted on SS amps, anyhow. DO NOT argue with Lovecraft! You will lose! He the MAN!

I heard a guy play one when I was on holiday, and it had a terrific range of sounds.

...Lovecraft says tube preamps are wasted on SS amps, anyhow. ...

:D I never said that! Nor do I believe it! I believe what I said was that putting an expensive 12AX7 in an otherwise solid state amp to "warm up" the sound is generally a waste of a good tube - that I stand by, since the distortion in most of those amps is generated either by a CMOS chip or a modified Tube Screamer style clipper. They don't even necessarily sound bad, in fact some of them are quite nice, but all that tube is doing in there is warming up the sales figures! B) In most cases, it's basically a nightlight.

A Triaxis or an X88R is capable of a great sound even when powered by a Peavey CS800 (with good speakers, fo course)! 'Nuff said! :D