Audacity

thedoctor

I downloaded Audacity (free, open-source) and found it to be a very stable, easy recording program. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this. This is the same free, do-what-you-will kind of software as Mozilla and AntiVir. I am impressed.

I downloaded Audacity (free, open-source) and found it to be a very stable, easy recording program. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this. This is the same free, do-what-you-will kind of software as Mozilla and AntiVir. I am impressed.

I am an open source guy... audacity is cool for wav editing but if you want a free multitrack system just use ....................

krystal found at

http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

NOW THAT's the one you want...

now buy me a beer :DB):D:D:D

Edited by allstellar

Audacity is great. Cubase is good, too, but a bit traditional for me. I prefer Tracktion (v2 soon out!).

For free, I agree that Kristal's the one to get! Another good and free one that has VST plug-in capability PLUS MIDI, PLUS a modular environment is:

Delta SP! Not open source, but v1.62 is free from now until forever, and available concurrently (ie. it'll continue to be available) with any commercial releases he comes up with (v1.63+).

Greg

There are tonnes of conversion programs out there. I prefer foobar2000, but mileage may vary. Just use the other program to do it; no need to convert from within Kristal itself.

Greg