Metal Matt Is Rubbing Off On Me

Hey Matt, good to see you back!

Yeah, shes coming on. I actually have a deal in place with my friend at Black machine guitars. hes gonna market the design and pay me commission on any he builds!

Ill get some pics as soon as I have the money to get all the bits!

As far as how those steinberger gearless tuners work, they kick ass. They can fit on any headstock shape, and the gear ratio makes for super fine adjustment. They are easy to install and use and you can even use less headstock angle since the strings are lower when locked into the tuner. You should definitely try them out.

Yeah that happened to me too....I needed prescription medicine. 

:D HAHAHA :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

As far as how those steinberger gearless tuners work, they kick ass.  They can fit on any headstock shape, and the gear ratio makes for super fine adjustment.  They are easy to install and use and you can even use less headstock angle since the strings are lower when locked into the tuner.  You should definitely try them out.

The Steinberger tuners are my tuner of choice and I definately intend to use them. Im interested in what you mean by less of a headstock angle. are we talking dramatically different? If so, i see it using a smaller piece of wood (depth from fingerboard to the tip of the headstock)

It can be less than with regular tuners since the string locks in the tuner about .050" above the headstock instead of about .250" like on a regular tuner. Does that make sense? Just estimating on the dimensions, but its close enough. Don't know the actual angle difference but there is a minimum for each type of tuner without having to use a string retainer.