Painting Guitars With Rattlecans

Hi guys, I 'm moving to the UK soon, I have this warlock I built that some dude was painting for me, unfortunatly, the guy is a bum and don't think he'd have it done for monday, the guitar will be gray camo or urban camo, like Max Cavalera's. It's already gotten the primer and the base gray color, he used PPG automotive polyurethane, so i was wondering if i can finish the guitar with rattlecans? the camo pattern is not so much of a big deal as is the clear coat, but any and all suggestions are very welcome, thanks in advance

I think that it will work just fine, since the PPG cures fast and is probably cured by now. Is like using the createx waterbased colors for base then clearing with spray paint. But since it is started in PPG, why don't you do the other colors with createx autoair colors, and have and auto shop top it with PPG or any other poly over in the UK. The finish will be superior than nitro.

If you are moving tuesday, you won't be able to paint it with cans before you move and don't inflict some kind of damage to it in the move! So wait until you get there to finish it up, on the other hand if you get somebody to finish it up in PPG it will be ready the next day.

As far as brands I wish I could help you, but I'm in the USA and the brands here won't make any sense to you over there.

I think that it will work just fine, since the PPG cures fast and is probably cured by now.  Is like using the createx waterbased colors for base then clearing with spray paint.  But since it is started in PPG, why don't you do the other colors with createx autoair colors, and have and auto shop top it with PPG or any other poly over in the UK. The finish will be superior than nitro.

there's a guy who posts on the moser custom shop, located in england, kinda near where i'll be living, he does all kinds of works for guitars and helmets, stuff like that, he uses createx autoair colors, so i hope it'll work, thanks Maiden :D