Guitar Graphics

Has anyone ever decoupaged a guitar body? I was thinking of doing it with a band poster like Iron Maiden. Does anyone know if this will work and if so, will it look good?

I ** Might ** Be wrong BUT im sure either on the main site or at least under the "finishing" section of this forum, there is a page/post dedicated to finishing guitars how you said...

UP THE IRONS :D hehe

Good luck :D

Has anyone ever decoupaged a guitar body? I was thinking of doing it with a band poster like Iron Maiden. Does anyone know if this will work and if so, will it look good?

Yeah, i think someone was covering a guitar with beer labels or something. It will work. Not the smoothest finish but looks cool.

Yeah, i think someone was covering a guitar with beer labels or something. It will work. Not the smoothest finish but looks cool.

Thats the one!

Yeh he used beer labels... ive also seen someone use parts of magazines he liked... definitly not impossible....definitly not the sort of thing i like but each to there own :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Many of the Korean cheapo flamed/quilt top guitars these days are in fact decoupaged, since most of them just have a plain photo finish top and not the real stuff.

You can spot them miles away, since they don't have the quality and deepth of a real wood top. In my book they just look tacky.

Vendelcrow